MOT is very import for car maintenance which should be done annually. Initially when MOT was introduced in Great Britain in 1960 under the direction of ministry of transport it was very basic test like brakes, lights and steering check which was to be carried out after the vehicle was ten years old and every year thereafter.
Barking MOT Centre is regulated and licensed by the Department and Transport and DVSA, and the individual testers carrying out the inspections are also trained and certified. The decision to pass or fail each presented vehicle comes down to the discretion of the tester following the guidelines issued by the DVSA.
The MOT test covers the following aspects:
• Lighting and signalling equipment
• Steering (including suspension)
• Tyres and wheels
• Seat belts
• Body, structure and general items. Includes body and components such as spoilers, bumpers and mirror housings.
• Exhaust, fuel and emissions
• Driver’s view of the road
Further more if you want to get more knowledge and educate yourself, you can find MOT Guide Inspection Manual by Clicking Here.
Road Tax Online and MOT check:
Barking MOT Centre Provides you several online links to check whether you need to book MOT if it is expiring or not. In that case just follow this link and fill up the required information and you will get to know if your MOT is due or expired.
if you want to check your vehicle is due for tax renewal or not just follow this link and fill up the form with required information
If you want to tax your vehicle online you need to know following details
Tax your car, motorcycle or other vehicle using your reminder letter (V11).
If you don’t have a reminder letter, you can use:
- a V5C registration certificate (log book) that’s in your name –Get A Replacement if you don’t have one
- your new keeper supplement (V5C/2) if you’ve just bought the vehicle
- your ‘last chance’ warning letter
Alternatively, Make A SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification).
To book your MOT test with us just fill up the form on right hand side and send it. One of our specialist will contact you as soon as possible.